Bird Tree picnic area
Middle Brother National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Bird Tree picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Bird Tree picnic area is in Middle Brother National Park. To get there:
- Turn west off Pacific Highway at TV Road, following it until you reach the intersection with Grey Gum Ridge Road.
- Turn left and drive 1.8km before reaching the Mudfords Road intersection
- Turn right and continue along Grey Gum Ridge Road for 1.2 km, then turn right into Bird Tree trail.
- A walking track at the end leads to Bird Tree picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bird Tree picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Bird Tree picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Middle Brother National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Any time of year is great for visiting Bird Tree and Benaroon, but come in autumn to escape the summer heat and settle down for a relaxing picnic.
In late spring, North Brother wattle flowers with bright yellow spikes, adding a scenic flourish to the park.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25.6°C
5.9°C and 17.3°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444