Berarngutta picnic area
New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Berarngutta picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Berarngutta picnic area is in the Point Lookout precinct of New England National Park. To get there:
- Turn onto Point Lookout Road from Waterfall Way, halfway between Armidale and Dorrigo.
- Continue for approximately 14km
- Turn left into Berarngutta picnic area, 200m before Point lookout.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Berarngutta picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Untreated tank water is supplied, so it’s a good idea to bring your own drinking water.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453