Angourie Bay picnic area
Yuraygir National Park
After surfing or swimming at the Clarence Coast’s famous Angourie Headland, stop off at the scenic Angourie Bay picnic area for a tasty picnic lunch with the family.
- Picnic areas
- Yuraygir National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
Pack a picnic and gather the kids together for a fabulous day by the beach at Angourie Bay picnic area.
Located adjacent to Angourie Headland, this lovely park-like setting is ideal for a family get-together or post-surf snack. It’s easy to pop back to the beach for more swimming or a walk or you can relax on the grass in the shade with a good book. If you're there during whale watching season be sure to take a look from one of the two lookouts.
This scenic picnic area is a pretty popular place – hardly surprising given its fantastic location. It’s a good idea to bring a picnic blanket in case all the tables are taken.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (16)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Sightseeing (8)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (7)