Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Boating enthusiasts love Akuna Bay. Use the public barbecue and enjoy a picnic at Akuna Bay Marina. It's the ideal spot to recharge after you've been out sailing.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
The picnic tables and barbecue are open seven days a week between 8.30am and 5pm.
Set sail for beautiful Akuna Bay, tucked away at the end of Coal and Candle Creek. The popular destination can also be reached by road via the scenic Liberator General San Martin Drive.
Bring a pair of binoculars to take advantage of the superb birdlife on display, or bring a fishing rod for a lazy afternoon drifting past the banks in solitude. Akuna Bay also features great facilities for a pre-departure picnic, with a public barbecue and ample tables for everyone. There are also some great dining options here. Alternatively, you can enjoy some light refreshments at the d'Albora Marinas Akuna Bay general store. Or indulge in a long and lazy Sunday lunch feast with friends and family at the Shed.
At d'Albora Marina, you'll find wet berths and a dry stack area for small boats. There are also boat hire facilities, shops, a restaurant and function centre and plenty of parking for cars and boat trailers.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass