Yanga Lake viewing deck
Yanga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yanga Lake viewing deck.
Getting there and parking
Yanga Lake viewing deck is in the Homestead precinct of Yanga National Park. To get there:
- From Balranald, travel east along Sturt Highway for 7km.
- Turn right into Yanga picnic area just over Yanga Creek
- Turn left at the Yanga National Park sign and drive 2km along unsealed road to Yanga Homestead
- The viewing deck is located at the rear of the homestead
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Yanga Lake viewing deck can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Yanga Homestead.
Best times to visit
The locals will tell you it can get pretty hot out this way, so you may wish to time your visit to avoid the summer heat. Temperatures during autumn, winter and spring are more moderate - just be sure to check the forecast as roads can become inaccessible in wet weather.
A great time to see the woodland birds - be sure to bring your binoculars.
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Wheelchair ramp
- Yanga National Park office
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- 03 5020 1764
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Balranald NSW 2715