Warrego Floodplain lookout
Toorale State Conservation Area
Warrego Floodplain lookout is on Warrego Floodplain walking track in Toorale National Park. Visit after rains to see this landscape come alive with wildflowers and waterbirds.
This sheltered viewing platform is your window onto the vast floodplains of the Warrego River. Though it's hard to imagine during dry times, this surrounding landscape transforms into a vivid green oasis after flooding rains, attracting diverse birdlife.
Warrego Floodplain walking track
The short, easy Warrego Floodplain walking track offers lookout views of the vast floodplain, birdwatching and seasonal wildflowers, in Toorale National Park, south of Bourke.
Warrego Floodplain picnic area (Wariku Pulka)
Warrego Floodplain picnic area (Wariku Pulka) is a tranquil spot for lunch, located at the start of Warrego Floodplain walking track in Toorale National Park, near Bourke.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bourke office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6830 0200
- 51-53 Oxley Street, Bourke NSW 2840
- in Toorale State Conservation Area in the Outback NSW region
Things to do (22)
- Aboriginal culture (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Walking (10)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)