Tooloom National Park
It’s a short, easy walk to magnificent scenic views across World Heritage Tooloom Scrub and out to Great Dividing Range from Tooloom lookout.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Tooloom lookout offers extensive scenic views of the deep green canopy of World Heritage Tooloom Scrub and west across farmland and forested hills out to Great Dividing Range. It’s only a short stroll from Tooloom picnic area to the ridge top through tall eucalypt forest, with a yellow understorey of blady and kangaroo grasses, and acacia scrub.
Along the way, keep an eye out for southern angle-headed dragons basking in the warming sun clinging to the side of a stump, sapling, or tree buttress. You’ll have to look carefully because they’re experts in camouflage. If one sees you first, it’s likely to slide silently from view rather than dash for cover. You’re also likely to see at least one of the 10 different species of wallabies and kangaroos on your way to the lookout. Black-striped wallabies, also known as scrub wallabies, have a distinct dark stripe running from neck to rump.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Tooloom National Park in the Country NSW region
Tooloom National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.