Quibray Bay viewing platform
Towra Point Nature Reserve
Quibray Bay viewing platform in Kurnell is a great place for birdwatching and also features scenic views across conservation areas close to Sydney.
- Towra Point Nature Reserve
- What to
- Binoculars, drinking water, insect repellent
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Quibray Bay as the carpark can become boggy when it rains.
Nestled within Towra Point Nature Reserve near Kurnell, Quibray Bay viewing platform offers magnificent views of maintained, fragile ecosystems without disturbing the surrounding plants and animals.
The short boardwalk features wild acacia and banksia on either side, which then opens out to the viewing platform. Birdwatching and nature photography are at their best here, as the views sprawl broadly across the coastline; migratory birds come to breed and nest along these ancient shores.
The mangroves, saltmarsh and mudflats of Towra Point Nature Reserve are also visible and in spring, full-bloomed wildflowers dab the landscape with bright, untamed colour.
Kurnell’s delightful Towra Beach is ideal for boating, kayaking or a leisurely picnic, all with the Sydney city skyline as your backdrop.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- CLOSED TO VISITORS. Email and phone contact only. Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in Towra Point Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Towra Point Nature Reserve is accessible by boat only. Access to the land is available on special consent for research and educational purposes only. Contact the local Area office on 9668 2000.