Pointer Gap lookout
Morton National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pointer Gap lookout.
Getting there and parking
Pointer Gap lookout is in the eastern precinct of Morton National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at Porters Creek Dam Road, Yatte Yattah.
- Continue onto Pointer Gap Road and follow for approximately 9km
- Turn left at the sign to the lookout
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Pointer Gap picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Morton National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Grab an oar and canoe down the Shoalhaven River or the Kangaroo River. Autumn rains create ideal conditions for river paddling, and you'll find good spots for beginners as well as for more experienced paddlers.
Take the Three Views or Granite Falls walking tracks to see wildflowers in colourful bloom.
The rainforests of Morton National Park are a great place to escape the summer heat – try the Erith Coal Mine track at Bundanoon or the nearby Fairy Bower Falls walk.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass