Narrawallee Creek Nature Reserve
Near Ulladulla on the NSW South Coast, tranquil Pattimores Lagoon in Narrawallee Creek Nature Reserve offers a viewing platform for birdwatching with scenic wetland views.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching.
A visit to the tranquil wetlands of Pattimores Lagoon, in Narrawallee Creek Nature Reserve, is a great way to soothe frazzled nerves and immerse yourself in natural beauty. Near Ulladulla, it’s an ideal remote getaway for nature enthusiasts with some of the best birdwatching on the NSW South Coast.
A short flat walk through coastal swamp oak forest and wet heath leads to a viewing platform with scenic water views. Fringed with magnificent paperbarks, the picturesque lagoon literally teems with waterbirds, and you’re likely to see southern emu wren, pied oystercatchers, pelicans and white-faced herons.
If you’re keen to spend the day exploring the waterways and forests of this unique coastal reserve, enjoy a lunch at Conjola Beach picnic area before stepping out on Burrawang track.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Narrawallee Creek Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Narrawallee Creek Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (47)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (24)
- Canoeing/paddling (11)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (13)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (23)
- Snorkelling and scuba (3)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (12)
- Walking (20)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (7)