Mount Talowla lookout
Toorale National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Talowla lookout.
Getting there and parking
- Travel 10.5km north from Bourke on Hungerford Road
- Continue for 21.5km and turn left at the sign to Louth, onto the unsealed section of Toorale Road (Rural Local Road 10).
- Drive for 38km and, after crossing a stock grid, you’ll see a Toorale entrance sign.
- Continue for a further 24km to the turn-off to the carpark at Mount Talowla
- Travel 30km on the unsealed section of Toorale Road (Rural Local Road 10) towards Bourke.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mount Talowla lookout can become impassable when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available for eight cars and a bus at the Mount Talowla lookout carpark.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
- Bourke office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6830 0200
- 51-53 Oxley Street, Bourke NSW 2840