Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Jacks lookout.
Getting there and parking
Jacks lookout is in the southern (Lower Snowy Mountains) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- From Snowy Region Visitor Centre, in Jindabyne, drive 1.5km to the Barry Way turn-off.
- Turn left on Barry Way and continue for 60km south
- Jacks lookout is on the left, just off Barry Way.
- For most of its length, Barry Way is unsealed. It’s steep, narrow and winding. Watch for minor rock falls and potholes - especially after rain.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Jacks lookout can become boggy when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Jacks lookout.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area, as there’s a gravel path to the lookout.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass