Govetts Leap lookout
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Govetts Leap lookout.
Getting there and parking
Govetts Leap lookout is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take Great Western Highway towards Blackheath
- Turn off the highway at Blackheath village traffic lights, on to Govetts Leap Road
- Drive around 2.5km to the park entrance, and continue to the end of the road where you'll reach Govetts Leap lookout carpark.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available at Govetts Leap lookout, including designated accessible spots.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited then.
- Large buses should drop off and park near Blue Mountains Heritage Centre. There's a designated spot for mini buses.
- Flush toilets
Drinking water is available at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- There's a wheelchair accessible path from the car park to the lookout and facilities.
- A wheelchair accessible toilet is available.
- There are 2 designated accessible car parking spaces at the lookout. There are another 2 accessible parking spaces at the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre carpark.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.