George Boyd lookout
Morton National Park
George Boyd lookout in Morton National Park, South Coast NSW, offers scenic views over Shoalhaven, including Jervis Bay and Lake Conjola.
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Fitzroy Falls and in the Bundanoon area of the park
- Opening times
- George Boyd lookout is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to George Boyd lookout can become boggy when it rains
- There's no mobile reception in this park
Make your way to George Boyd lookout to see the beauty of NSW’s South Coast region from up high.
Gorge yourself on expansive coastal and hinterland views spanning all the way from Jervis Bay to Kioloa. Check out the incredible surrounding landscape, dominated by tall-treed rainforest, caves and impressive overhangs, and see if you can make out Lake Conjola and Pigeon House Mountain Didthul amongst it all.
As well as enjoying these scenic Shoalhaven views, you can walk the short track between the lookout and picnic area below. If you’re keen to try a longer walk, start from the lower carpark and traverse the base of the escarpment via a spectacular rainforest track.
This part of Morton National Park is known for its forest owls, so if you’re visiting at night, stay quiet and listen carefully. Plus, remember to keep an eye out for the inquisitive origma – or rockwarbler – the only bird endemic to NSW. You may well spot one of these small brownish-grey critters hopping across the sandstone rocks or probing between them for insects.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass