Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dungeon lookout.
Getting there and parking
Dungeon lookout is in the northern precinct of Kwiambal National Park. To get there:
- From Ashford, take Wallangra Road north west
- Turn right onto Sandy Creek Road
- Then left onto Limestone Road and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
- Turn left onto Macintyre Falls Road
- Turn right onto Lemon Tree Flat Road and follow the signs to the campground
- Leave the car here and follow Junction walk to the lookout
- Travel along Inverell Street in Ashford and turn onto Limestone Road.
- At the intersection of Limestone Road and Sandy Creek Road turn right, and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Lemon Tree Flat campground
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kwiambal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Between the warmer months of September and March, spectacular wildflower displays decorate the bush beneath white cypress pines.
The many swimming opportunities, including rivers, secluded beaches, and even a plunge pool, makes Kwiambal a terrific destination in the height of summer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.9°C and 30.6°C
2.7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Kwiambal National Park in the Country NSW region
Kwiambal National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.