Doug Sky lookout
Mount Kaputar National Park
Doug Sky lookout in Mount Kaputar National Park offers scenic views over north-west NSW and Warrumbungles.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- Opening times
Doug Sky lookout is always open, but may need to close at times during snow/ice events.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- There is a ramp to the viewing platform suitable for wheelchairs, but no designated disabled parking at this attraction.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Located halfway up Mount Kaputar, Doug Sky lookout provides the best seat in the house for sightseeing. One glimpse of this sweeping vista and you’ll understand why the area is known as Big Sky Country. Come and view the ever-changing landscapes of north-west NSW.
From the subalpine surrounds of the viewing platform, you’ll enjoy scenic views of Euglah Rock and the foothills of the Nandewar Range. On a clear day, you can look beyond the enormous expanse of Pilliga Scrub – reported as the home of the Pilliga Yowie – to the majestic Warrumbungles on the horizon.
Named for the man who oversaw construction of the winding road up Mount Kaputar, Doug Sky lookout is the ideal spot for landscape photography. It’s also a great place to stop and stretch your legs if you’re driving up the mountain.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.