Border loop lookout
Border Ranges National Park
Border loop lookout is a great picnic spot offering scenic views of Gradys Creek Valley within Border Ranges National Park, a World Heritage Area.
- Border Ranges National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- It's a good idea to fill your fuel tank before heading out to the park as the closest service stations are in Kyogle, Woodenbong and Rathdowney.
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please be well-prepared for your visit
Border loop lookout provides a bird's-eye view south down Gradys Creek, with the historic spiral loop about 400m below the lookout. Scenic views of Border Ranges National Park and McPherson Range can be seen to the east and west.
Border loop, also known as Spiral loop, was the first standard gauge railway linking two capital cities in Australia. At the time, it was a significant nation-building project. Construction of the line between Sydney and Brisbane began after World War I, when there was a need to create employment as well as prepare the country for future conflict.
Border loop lookout offers an easily accessible peek into this superb World Heritage national park, which you can explore further along its hiking tracks, or just relish the view. Enjoy a barbecue with friends and family in Border loop picnic area, and the trailhead for Border loop walk is also nearby.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass