Washpool horse riding trails
Country NSW, North Coast
All the practical information you need to know about Washpool horse riding trails .
Getting there and parking
Please see the directions for visitors basing their ride from Four Bull Hut. Note that this route is unsuitable for horse floats and visitors should use Spirabo Forest Way to access the accommodation.
Directions to Billyrimba float parking area from Tenterfield:
- Depart Tenterfield and just before leaving the town limits turn left on to Clifton Street
- Follow Clifton Street to the end
- Turn right on to Scrub Road and drive south past the Tenterfield Creek Dam
- Follow Scrub Road for 12.5km then bear right at The Mill Lane, where the road becomes Spirabo Forest Way
- Follow Spirabo Forest Way for 1.5km as it enters Forest Land State Forest
- Continue south for 14km along Spirabo Forest Way
- Turn left on to Billyrimba trail and travel 200m to the float parking area on your right
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Float parking areas area available at Billyrimba trail in Washpool National Park.
- Toilets are not available along the trails so please plan to bag your toilet waste and carry it out of the park to be disposed of at an appropriate facility.
- Hitching rails and watering troughs have been provided at certain locations to reduce trampling of vegetation and soil disturbance by horses.
Picnic tables are located at Billyrimba lookout.
Barbecue facilities are located at Billyrimba lookout (bring your own firewood).
Maps and downloads
Horse access is restricted to existing management trails, which are clearly signposted. Please remain on trails within the national park or state conservation area.
It is an offence to pick and collect plants from national parks, including orchids and other threatened plant species, without an appropriate scientific licence.
Overnight bush camping with horses is not permitted in the park. You can stay at Four Bull Hut with your horse which offers hitching rails and watering troughs. Please note the alternative route along Scrub Road for horse floats.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Washpool National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Washpool National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at attractions in the Glen Innes area. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass