Scheyville horse riding trails
Scheyville National Park
Bring your horse and enjoy 12km of riding trails in Scheyville National Park, located in north western Sydney. This bushland setting is suitable for horse riders of all ages and experience.
- 12km of trails
- Time suggested
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Weekends: 8.30am to 4pm. Hours may vary.
- No. Bring your own horse to Scheyville. This is not a riding school where horses can be hired out.
- What to
- Drinking water, helmet, sunscreen, first aid kit, mobile phone, snacks, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- Horse riding trails are located in the section of the park bounded by Scheyville Road, Old Pitt Town Road, Schofield Road, and Pitt Town Dural Road.
- Horse riding isn't permitted during or following wet weather due to trail damage.
- Let someone know where you are, in case you come off your horse and get injured.
- Please read the code of practice for horse riding in parks before you set out.
Saddle up your own horse and explore 12km of trail riding in Scheyville National Park; a picturesque and diverse woodland setting. Most riders find it easy to check out all of the trails here within a day, riding at a leisurely pace through forest and shrub, along open grasslands, and across creek crossings. Overall, the trails make for an easy, relaxed ride on reasonably flat terrain.
The trails are popular all year around as there’s plenty of shade for those hot summer days, and when the weather is cooler, you can make the most of the sunshine riding through grassland areas. In spring, the grounds are blanketed in beautiful native wildflowers. Keep your eyes open for eastern grey kangaroos and the occasional red-necked wallaby in the early morning or late afternoon.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Scheyville National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Scheyville National Park is open 8am to 6pm from May to August and 8am to 8pm from September to April. The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (14)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cycling (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (5)
- Horse riding (1)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Walking (7)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)