Mount Jerusalem National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gilwah trail.
Getting there and parking
Gilwah trail is in the western area of Mount Jerusalem National Park.
To get there from Mullumbimby:
- Drive north on Pacific Highway, exit onto Tweed Valley Way and continue for about 17km.
- Turn left on Stokers Road and drive for about 2km.
- Turn left onto Smiths Creek Road and drive for about 10.5km to Uki.
To get there from Uki:
- Drive south on Kyogle Road for 10.7km.
- Turn left onto Doon Doon Road and drive for 5.6km.
- Continue straight onto Commissioners Creek Road and drive for 2.7km.
- Turn right onto Rockface Road.
- Park horse floats about 150 meters past the junction of Rockface Road and Narrung Road.
- Sealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking, including parking for hose floats, is available 150m past the junction of Rockface and Narrung roads.
Please be sure to bring your own water for horses. There is no water available in this area and letting your horses drink from creeks in the park can harm fragile creek-side habitat for threatened frogs.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Cycling is permitted on roads and management trails.
Horse riding is permitted on specific trails in this park. You must remain on these trails at all times and ride in a way that meets the code of practice for horse riding in parks.