Basket Swamp horse riding trails
Basket Swamp National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Basket Swamp horse riding trails.
Getting there and parking
Basket Swamp horse riding trails are in Basket Swamp National Park. To get there:
- From Tenterfield drive 14km north-east along Mt Lindesay Road
- At Lindrook Road follow the signposts for 4km to Basket Swamp National Park
- At the entrance you’ll find the horse float parking area near the park entrance
- Parking is available at the entrance of Basket Swamp National Park.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Picnic tables are located at Basket Swamp falls and Woollool Woolloolni Aboriginal Place and toilet facilities can be found at the camping area in Boonoo State Forest
Maps and downloads
- Horse riding is permitted on all roads and fire trails in Basket Swamp National Park, unless otherwise sign posted.
- It is an offence to pick and collect plants from National Parks, including orchids and other threatened plant species, without an appropriate scientific licence.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Basket Swamp National Park in the Country NSW region