Basket Swamp horse riding trails
Basket Swamp National Park
Saddle up and explore 21km of horse riding trails in Basket Swamp National Park, near Tenterfield. You'll find rides suitable for all ages and experience levels on our network of fire trails.
- Basket Swamp National Park
- 21km of trails
- Time suggested
- 4-8 hr
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Personal Locator Beacon
Hire a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) for free at the Tenterfield office.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, suitable clothing
- Please note
- A GPS will be handy in this remote area.
- Please read our code of practice for horse riding in parks before you set out on your adventure.
- Please consider minimising the impact of introduced weeds and plants on Basket Swamp National Park by feeding horses a weed-free diet for two to four days prior to any extended trip to reduce the risk of seeds being spread through manure.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Horse ride along 21km of trails at this remote and mountainous setting in Basket Swamp National Park. You’ll enjoy magnificent views from the top of granite tors, ride through fresh water streams and vast stretches of forest.
With 2 popular loops to choose from, Falls circuit and Wellington Creek circuit, there’s enough to keep you busy all day. Take the 15.5 km Falls circuit and challenge yourself on the steep climbs before cooling off in the rock pools at the top of Basket Swamp Falls.
After a picnic lunch, ride Wellington Creek circuit ride to Woollool Woolloolni Aboriginal Place, and take in spectacular views of the granite tors. There’s plenty of shade to rest in summer time, and the grounds will be blanketed in native wildflowers through spring.
Why not make a weekend of it and check out the horse riding trails in nearby Washpool National Park.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.