Yanga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yanga Woolshed.
Getting there and parking
Yanga Woolshed is located in the Woolshed precinct of Yanga National Park. To get there:
- From Balranald, travel east along Sturt Highway for 2km.
- Turn right onto Windomal Road
- Continue for approximately 3km before turning right at the sign to Yanga Woolshed
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available off Windomal Road, a short walk from Yanga Woolshed.
Best times to visit
The locals will tell you it can get pretty hot out this way, so you may wish to time your visit to avoid the summer heat. Temperatures during autumn, winter and spring are more moderate - just be sure to check the forecast as roads can become inaccessible in wet weather.
A great time to see the woodland birds - be sure to bring your binoculars.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Yanga National Park office
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- 03 5020 1764
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Yanga NSW 2711