Explore Yanga Woolshed in Yanga National Park. When constructed the Woolshed was once the Riverina’s largest, and offers an insight into Australia’s pastoral history.
- Historic buildings/places
- 312 Windomal Road, Balranald, NSW, 2715 - in Yanga National Park, Murrumbidgee Valley National Park in Murray-Riverina
- What to
- Drinking water
- Hire this venue
Yanga Woolshed is available for events and function hire.
- Please note
Water is not available at Yanga Woolshed.
Located along Murrumbidgee River, Yanga Woolshed was built in the late 1800s. Once the largest, most modern woolshed in the district, it housed 3,000 sheep and provided work for up to 40 shearers at a time.
Today, the woolshed is in Yanga National Park and you can wander through it on a self-guided tour, exploring its runs and pens, getting a feel for an authentic 19th century woolshed and a taste of Australian history.
You’ll also find an interpretive display to fill you in on the history of the area – once Yanga Sheep Station. Close your eyes and breathe in the smells of the past, imagining the sounds of docked paddle boats outside, waiting to transport their wool cargo down the river highway.
Don’t forget to check out the viewing platform for great river views; it was once where the old wharf stood. Pack lunch and visit the nearby Yanga Woolshed picnic area or stay overnight at Mamanga campground.
Yanga Woolshed is also available for weddings and private functions.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yanga National Park office
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- 03 5020 1764
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Balranald NSW 2715
- in Yanga National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Yanga National Park is open Sunrise to Sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Yanga Homestead Precinct is open 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.