Step in to the past and explore the history of Yanga National Park’s pastoral and Aboriginal heritage. Bring a picnic to enjoy while looking out to the lake.
- Historic buildings/places
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Yanga, NSW, 2711 - in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, Yanga National Park in Murray-Riverina
$15 for an audio set if you'd like to take a self-guided tour.
- Opening times
Yanga Homestead precinct is open 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- What to
- Drinking water
- Collect a self-guided tour package (key, audio and map) at the Balranald Discovery Centre or Balranald Caravan Park.
- Hire this venue
Yanga Homestead is available for events and function hire.
- Please note
Water is not available at Yanga Homestead.
Explore the wonderful Yanga Homestead and return to a time when Yanga was one of the Riverina’s most productive pastoral stations. Located in Yanga National Park, part of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, the homestead was built around 1870, along with station outbuildings including stables, a gardener’s shed and station store. There are also rose gardens, restored and maintained by volunteers.
You can visit the Cook’s Cottage exhibition and wander around the grounds at any time. While you're here Marvel at the homestead’s unique Murray pine ‘drop log’ design.
To see inside Yanga Homestead you'll need to pick up an audio guide and key from Yanga National Park Office, open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
After you've explored the homestead, take the opportunity to explore the surrounding area along Yanga Lake walking track. As you walk, you’ll pass Yanga Lake viewing deck – a great place to see evidence of the lake’s Aboriginal heritage and birdlife.
Yanga Historic Refrigeration Shed is located at Yanga Homestead. It’s a fascinating way to learn about the history of an iconic station in Australia’s outback.
The Willows campground in Yanga State Conservation Area has tent, trailer and caravan campsites with picnic tables and barbecues. Great fishing and birdwatching awaits.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yanga National Park office
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- 03 5020 1764
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Balranald NSW 2715
- in Yanga National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Yanga National Park is open Sunrise to Sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Yanga Homestead Precinct is open 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.