Yanga National Park
Steeped in Australian pastoral history, Yanga Homestead in Yanga National Park is one of NSW’s historic wedding venues. The perfect venue hire option if you're looking for a uniquely Australian historic space, accompanied by a scenic location.
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Yanga, NSW, 2711 - in Yanga National Park
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 100
- Picnic tables, carpark, toilets
Please contact NPWS Yanga office on (03) 5020 1764 for further information on fees and availability.
- Venue not available for exclusive hire
- Bookings for this venue are essential, and will be accepted up to 12 months prior to the date required. A completed application form is required to confirm the booking by contacting the NPWS Yanga office on (03) 5020 1764 and should be lodged no later than 6 weeks prior to the event. A signed consent will be issued outlining the conditions that must be adhered to for the duration of the event
- Other Information
Water is not available at Yanga Homestead, so you'll need to bring your own.
Explore the wonderful Yanga Homestead and return to a time when Yanga was one of the NSW Riverina region’s most productive pastoral stations. Located in Yanga National Park, part of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, the homestead was built around 1870, along with station outbuildings including stables, a gardener’s shed and station store.
The homestead still stands in all its former glory today, complete with beautifully restored rose gardens, and provides for a unique venue hire option for any special event, including weddings.
While celebrating your special day, you and your guests can marvel at the homestead’s unique Murray pine ‘drop log’ design. And, after you've explored the homestead, you can take the opportunity to explore the surrounding area along Yanga Lake walking track and take advantage of the many photo opportunities along the way. As you walk, you’ll pass Yanga Lake viewing deck – a great place to see evidence of the lake’s Aboriginal heritage and bird life and another ideal spot for great photo opportunities.
- in Yanga National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Yanga National Park is open Sunrise to Sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Yanga Homestead Precinct is open 8.30am - 4.30pm.