Trial Bay Gaol
Arakoon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Trial Bay Gaol.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Trial Bay Gaol is in the Trial Bay Gaol precinct of Arakoon National Park.
From South West Rocks:
- Follow Phillip Drive
- Turn left onto Cardwell Street
- Continue along Cardwell Street until you reach Trial Bay Goal.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Trial Bay Gaol, including designated bus parking.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Arakoon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The wildflowers will be out so it's a great time to hike the park's walking tracks During the spring, when the she-oaks produce fruit, glossy black cockatoos come in to feed on the ripe seeds .
School's out and it's a great time for a family camping holiday – spend your days swimming, snorkelling, fishing and exploring the park's attractions.
Catch the whales on their journey north along the coast.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (coin-operated)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431