Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mungo Woolshed.
Getting there and parking
Mungo Woolshed is in the south western precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway south of Mildura
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Turn left into Balranald Road
- Take the first right into Mailbox Road and continue to the woolshed
Roads may be closed due to wet weather, please check the weather before visiting the park.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Mungo Visitor Centre.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets and barbecue facilities are located at Mungo Visitor Centre.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This area is accessible with some assistance
- The rear entrance of the woolshed is wheelchair-accessible. You’ll have no problem taking a self-guided tour, provided you navigate the gates carefully.
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Buronga office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 03 5021 8900
- 4 Melaleuca Street, Buronga NSW 2739
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees: $8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass