Barrenjoey Lighthouse tour
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Barrenjoey Lighthouse tour.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
It's not possible to drive right up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse. You'll need to walk about 1km to get there, using one of several walking tracks. Toilets and drinking water are located at Governor Phillip parking area.
Park entry points
- Palm Beach ferry wharf carpark See on map
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available along Barrenjoey Road or at Govenor Phillip carpark (Pittwater Council). Please note that this is paid parking.
By public transport
Catch the L90 bus from Sydney CBD to Barrenjoey Head. The trip takes about 1hr 30min.
There are no toilets or drinking water at the lighthouse. The nearest public toilets are at Governor Phillip Park.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre