Barrenjoey Lighthouse tour
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Enjoy a Barrenjoey Lighthouse tour any Sunday afternoon. It stands at Sydney's northern-most point. The views of Broken Bay, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and the mighty Pacific are unforgettable.
Tour times: Tour runs every 30 mins between 11am and 3pm. Tour takes 30 mins.
Tuesday 14 January and Wednesday 22 January 2020
Every Sunday (except on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and during extreme weather conditions)
- Barrenjoey Lighthouse, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Moderate fitness required. The walk to the lighthouse takes about 30 mins each way.
- Adult $5 per person. Child $2 per person.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the top, at the Keepers Cottage.
- Bookings not required. For more information phone Kalkari Discovery Centre on 02 9472 9300.
- Please note
- Toilets and drinking water are located at Governor Phillip parking area.
Experience one of the most breathtaking views in Sydney from Barrenjoey Lighthouse at the northern end of Palm Beach. It's well worth the walk up Barrenjoey Head to get there.
The lighthouse was built in 1881, from sandstone on the site. It's been beautifully restored, and now welcomes visitors from around the world each Sunday. Hear about its history, climb the winding stairs and imagine yourself as the 19th-century lighthouse keeper there.
It's a good idea to wear sturdy shoes, and bring weather protection and drinking water with you. Pack your camera too – you'll want to revisit these beautiful views again and again.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass