6-day birding and natural history tours
Barren Grounds Nature Reserve
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Explore the beauty and diversity of Australian wildlife at Sydney’s doorstep on this 6-day tour with the knowledgeable guides of Inala Nature Tours. Visiting parklands, you'll see amazing birds, mammals and reptiles in their natural habitat.
- Contact Inala Nature Tours for schedule.
- Barren Grounds Nature Reserve in South Coast
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. These comfortably paced tours cover moderate terrain and are suitable for a wide spectrum of ages and abilities
- Contact Inala Nature Tours for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Inala Nature Tours on 03 6393 1217.
- Please note
- Tours visit multiple parks and reserves, including the Royal, Blue Mountains and Capertee national parks and Barren Grounds Nature Reserve.
- Tour price includes accommodation, food and transport.
If you’re curious about the wildlife hiding amongst the beautiful scenery of Blue Mountains National Park and other wild places, this sweeping 6-day adventure with Inala Nature Tours is for you.
With their passionate guides, explore a wide variety of habitats in parks and reserves near Australia’s largest city to see the best of the region’s wildlife. Star attractions include superb lyrebirds, glossy black-cockatoos, eastern bristlebirds, southern emu-wrens and gang-gang cockatoos. You might even see a rock warbler, found only in New South Wales and nowhere else.
The tour features a boat trip onto the open ocean to spot seabirds, and even whales with a bit of luck. Also included is an exciting night-time excursion to see greater gliders, sugar gliders and other fascinating nocturnal animals.
Inala Nature Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Barren Grounds Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Barren Grounds Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (83)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (28)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (6)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (16)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (8)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (53)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (41)
- Waterfalls (25)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (13)