Winangabaa – Information Bay
Deriah Aboriginal Area
All the practical information you need to know about Winangabaa – Information Bay.
Getting there and parking
Winangabaa – Information Bay is in Deriah Aboriginal Area.
To get there from Narrabri:
- Drive south-east along Old Gunnedah Road for 3km, then turn left onto Kaputar Road.
- After 9km, turn right onto Eulah Creek Road and continue for 5km until you reach the unsealed section.
- Follow the unsealed section of Eulah Creek Road for 6km, past the olive farm, before turning right onto Carinya Road.
- Follow this route up the hill to enter Deriah Aboriginal Area
- After 1km you'll see the information bay on the left
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Winangabaa – Information Bay can become boggy when it rains.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Car and bus parking (one small bus) is available at Winangabaa – Information Bay.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Deriah Aboriginal Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy bushwalking or mountain biking along the area's roads and trails.
A spectacular time to enjoy the activities of the area's abundant birdlife and wildlife.
Escape the heat of the plains in the dry rainforest, where you can enjoy bushwalking and picnicking as well as a range of cultural activities.
Soak up the sun while enjoying a picnic and take advantage of the scenic views available on a clear winter day.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19.4°C and 35.3°C
3.4°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The information bay and associated signage is fully wheelchair-accessible
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.