Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre
Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre.
Getting there and parking
Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre is in the Camp Walaay precinct of Warrumbungle National Park. To get there:
- From Coonabarabran, continue along John Renshaw Parkway until you see the signpost to turn to your right. Travel for approximately 2km to Camp Walaay, turn left, and you’ll see the education centre to your right.
- If you’re travelling from the south, continue along John Renshaw Parkway until you see the signpost to turn to your left. Travel for approximately 2km to Camp Walaay, turn left, and you’ll see the education centre to your right.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available at Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre.
Best times to visit
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 30C. In contrast, winter can be very cold and the temperature drops below freezing at night. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods. Less rain falls on the western side of the park than on the eastern side. It rains most from December to February and the annual average rainfall is 720mm. Thunderstorms are common in mid to late summer.
During early spring wildflowers are in bloom, including a huge variety of golden wattle flowers With a more moderate climate, spring is a great time to get out and camp under the stars .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
0°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
There are stairs to the indoor area – assistance is required for people with mobility restrictions. Classes are held outdoors in an area which is wheelchair accessible.
- Warrumbungle National Park Environmental Education Centre
- 02 6825 4302
- Coonabarabran, 2357
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass