Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre
Warrumbungle National Park
Located right in the heart of Warrumbungle National Park, Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre offers a range of education-based activities for school groups and teachers.
- Education centres
- Warrumbungle National Park in Country NSW
- Fees apply. Contact the centre for more information about programs and activities.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Open 9am – 3pm (Monday – Friday) during school terms
- Closed during school holidays
- Please note
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
For some fascinating insights into the historic heritage and landscapes of the Warrumbungles area, visit this exciting education centre located right in the heart of Warrumbungle National Park.
Set up with a dedicated classroom and principal, it’s a fantastic place for a school excursion and a hands-on way for students to learn about the unique landscape, plants and animals of the Warrumbungles. Students can also learn about the historic heritage of the region and local Aboriginal culture.
Operated by the Department of Education and Communities, the centre offers a range of education-based activities for school groups and teachers. They have short programs suitable for school groups travelling on a day excursion, as well as longer programs for groups planning to stay overnight.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Warrumbungle National Park after-fire program
The bushfires that ravaged Warrumbungle National Park in 2013 became the focus of a major research and recovery program by NSW National Parks. The program had multiple components including studies on fire behaviour, cultural heritage, soils and water, native Australian animals, vegetation and fire management, and included citizen science.
- Warrumbungle National Park Environmental Education Centre
- 02 6825 4302
- Coonabarabran, 2357
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (26)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Educational activities (1)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (17)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (18)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (10)