Moonpar Forest drive – Nymboi-Binderay National Park
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Moonpar Forest drive – Nymboi-Binderay National Park.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Moonpar Forest drive is located in Nymboi–Binderay and Cascade national parks. To get there:
- From Dorrigo, travel north along Tyringham Road.
- Turn right onto Moonpar Road
- Turn left onto Mills Road
- Shortly after crossing Nymboida River, turn right onto Cedar Road.
- Turn right onto Moses Rock Road and follow to Cascade
- From here, follow the signs back to Dorrigo.
Park entry points
- Moonpar Road access See on map
Check the weather before you set out as the road can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available along the way at Norman Jolly Memorial Grove, Platypus Flat and at the start of Red Cedar and Tramline walks.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nymboi-Binderay National Park. One of the highlights of a visit to the park is a whitewater rafting trip down the Nymboida River. Spring is a great time to head out on a guided tour.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Toilet and picnic facilities are located at Platypus Flat campground and Norman Jolly Memorial Grove
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Coachwood track at Normal Jolly Memorial Grove is wheelchair-accessible. The area also has an accessible toilet and carpark.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450