Kaputar scenic drive
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kaputar scenic drive .
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Kaputar scenic drive is in the Kaputar plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- Head south from Narrabri on Old Gunnedah Road
- Turn left after 2.5km onto Kaputar Road and follow it 31km to the park entrance
- An information bay can be found approximately 1.5km further on the left
Park entry points
- Kaputar scenic drive access See on map
Parking is available at the information bay, Green Camp, Coryah Gap, Bark Hut, and Dawson Spring.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so be sure to bring some.
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.