Blackheath lookouts driving route
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Blackheath lookouts driving route.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Blackheath lookouts driving route is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Follow Great Western Highway west from Sydney and continue 11km west of Katoomba
- For Anvil Rock lookout, turn east into (unsealed) Hat Hill Road at Blackheath and follow to the end
- For Govetts Leap lookout, turn east into Govetts Leap Road at Blackheath and follow to the end
- For Evans lookout, turn east into Evans Lookout Road at Blackheath and follow to the end
- For council-run Hargraves lookout and Mount Blackheath lookout, turn west into Shipley Road at Blackheath and follow the signs.
Park entry points
- Hat Hill Road, Blackheath See on map
Parking is available, including several designated disabled spots, at most lookouts. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at most of the lookouts on this drive.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
There's a wheelchair-accessible lookout and toilet facilities at Govetts Leap.
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.