Woodford – Oaks trail
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
Cycling the Woodford – Oaks trail offers dazzling scenic views, heath and delightful picnicking near Glenbrook, in Blue Mountains National Park.
- Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
- 27km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min
- Opening times
If you're driving into the Glenbrook area, the gates are open:
- First Sunday in October to first Sunday in April 8.30am to 7pm
- Rest of year 8.30am to 6pm
- Cyclists and walkers have 24hr access
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as this cycling trail can become boggy when it rains.
- Drinking water is available just inside the gate to this trail, at a tap installed by NPWS. Please use this tap to fill your water bottles rather than the neighbours’ garden taps.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please ensure you are well prepared for your visit.
For an invigorating ride or walk that will work your muscles and clear your head, try Woodford - Oaks trail in Blue Mountains National Park. The track leads from Woodford to Glenbrook and makes a great day out in the mountains for friends or family looking for heart pumping adventure and fresh mountain air.
Take in the expansive scenic views as the medium trail winds through heath, gradually giving way to open forest. Arriving at The Oaks picnic area, named for the nearby casuarinas, enjoy a well-earned lunch. From here, the track continues as a dedicated cycle track with a steep ride up Glenbrook Gorge to the station.
In the warmer months, the aroma of wildflowers and eucalypts mingle to create a heady perfume. It’s also a very popular track for cyclists and runners, and attracts over 850 participants for the annual Woodford to Glenbrook Classic.
Take a virtual tour of Woodford – Oaks trail captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at the Bruce Road entrance to the Glenbrook area. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass