Mount Hay Road - Leura
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Hay Road - Leura.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Access to Mount Hay Road, in Blue Mountains National Park, is from North Leura. To get there:
- Leura train station is 600m from Mount Hay Road.
- If driving, take the Great Western Highway and take the Leura Mall exit
- Turn right at the roundabout and take the highway overpass
- Turn right onto Britain Street, then left on to Mount Hay Road
- It's 4km to the park boundary then 11.4km to the carpark at the end of the unsealed road.
Park entry points
- Mount Hay Road access See on map
- Unsealed roads
Parking is available at the end of Mount Hay Road carpark, or part way along the Road at Lockelys Pylon track head.
The nearest public toilets are at Leura Station or Leura Mall.
Maps and downloads
Rock climbing is permitted on established climbing routes.
Please stay on the designated road. You'll need to bring a bike chain, lock, and walking shoes if you plan to visit Lockleys Pylon walking track or Mount Hay summit walking track.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.