Mount Colah Station to Pymble Station cycle route
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Enjoy a mountain biking day trip, taking in Bobbin Head in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park from Mount Colah Station to Pymble Station, with picnicking and swimming options.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply for motor vehicles entering the park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Bobbin Head.
For an exhilarating day trip that’s sure to get the adrenaline flowing, try Mount Colah Station to Pymble Station cycle route, via Bobbin Head. It’s a great introduction to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, and bound to invigorate the senses, bringing a healthy glow to the cheeks.
From Mount Colah Station, head south before turning left into Ku-ring-gai Chase Road. You’ll soon be winding your way through the park, revelling in the sights and sounds of the bush. It’s 8km to Apple Tree Bay, with a great downhill run. Upon reaching Bobbin Head, stop for a refreshing swim and a well-deserved picnic lunch. Don’t forget to check out the historic Bobbin Inn Visitor Centre.
Following the road round, it’s an uphill climb to the southern park entrance. From here take the short detour to see the fascinating Sphinx Memorial, a replica of the famous sphinx carved out of sandstone. From the edge of the park, it’s an 8km ride along Bobbin head Road, turning south onto Pacific Highway, to Pymble Station.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass