Gahnia and Serrata mountain bike trails
Garigal National Park
Jump on your bike and explore Gahnia and Serrata mountain bike trails in Garigal National Park, a short drive from Sydney’s CBD. The purpose built trails are the perfect place to challenge yourself.
- Garigal National Park
- 6.5km of trails
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Hard. Suitable for experienced mountain bike riders.
- Opening times
Gahnia and Serrata mountain bike trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Please note
- Both trails have an International Mountain Biking Association rating of more difficult (blue), and are suited to experienced riders with a good skill level.
- Riders should follow the International Mountain Bicycling Association responsible riding rules on all trails in Garigal National Park
- For your safety please don’t ride these trails in wet conditions or after heavy rain
- Contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) to report fallen trees, hazards or damaged trails
- During your bike ride keep an eye out for wildlife which can venture close to the narrow track
Mountain biking in Sydney’s North is taken to the next level with these 2 hand-built single tracks in picturesque Garigal National Park. Nestled in the upper reaches of Bantry Bay, the challenging Gahnia and Serrata mountain bike trails are filled with technical sections and multiple line choices.
You can test your skills on the first 50m, and easily return to nearby shared-use trails if you’re not quite ready.
Serrata mountain bike trail starts from Currie Road trail, where you’ll roll over unique sandstone features before descending 1.5km through tall eucalypts. Then get the heart pumping with a steep uphill climb on Cook Street trail to make this a 2.85km loop.
Why not make a day of it and ride over to Gahnia mountain bike trail, which winds 2.25 km through thick forest before connecting with Engravings trail for the ride back to Bantry Bay Road.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Davidson Park only. There are coin-operated or credit card pay and display machines. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass