Heath and Bare Creek trails
Garigal National Park
These challenging trails are great for a day out mountain biking and horse riding, and take you along Bare Creek and the adjoining Cascades trail.
- Garigal National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- 3.7km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Davidson Park only
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- This is a shared trail, so please keep an eye out for other walkers and riders.
- Mountain bikers and horse riders are requested to avoid the trail during wet weather.
Popular for mountain biking and horse riding, Heath trail is a challenging fire trail running down into the valley of Garigal National Park. It's a fantastic ride and suited to more experienced mountain bikers. There are sandy corners and the terrain can be rough, so take care. Of course, if you ride down into the valley you'll have to ride back out - the climb can be hard work, but it's definitely worth the effort.
Heath Trail merges into Bare Creek trail shortly after entering Garigal National Park. Bare Creek runs along the east side of the creek, passing Quarry trail at the first creek crossing and eventually adjoining Cascades trail, so there are plenty of options for extending your mountain biking adventure. It's a great track to walk as well - watch out for other track users.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass