Devines Hill loop
Dharug National Park
Head to Devines Hill loop in Dharug National Park, near Wisemans Ferry this weekend for a bike ride or walk along the historic World Heritage-listed Devines Hill loop.
- 28km loop
- Time suggested
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, snacks
- Please note
- This trail isn’t suitable for e-bikes because of rough terrain and 2 gates that cyclists need to carry their bikes over.
- There is a challenging 8km section with obstacles on the trail that is recommended for experienced mountain bikers only.
- This is an important heritage area, please leave convict sites and the landscape and vegetation of Dharug National Park as you find them.
- Cyclists must please keep to the Old Great North Road, consider walkers, and walk bikes down Devine’s Hill.
Fabulous views, great examples of convict-era engineering and a terrific hill to climb – the Devines Hill loop is the perfect bike ride.
Squeeze a camera into your pack for the panoramic views and spectacular sandstone walls of Devines Hill on the Old Great North Road, one of the sites within the Australian Convict Sites World Heritage Area.
There are interpretive panels along the way, so be sure to hop off your bike to find out more about the history of this area. On the way back down, you’ll have to walk your bike, but that’ll give you more time to enjoy the beauty of the park. It also makes a good bushwalk if you don’t want to ride.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Dharug National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Dharug National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.