Bundanoon cycling route
Morton National Park
Bundanoon cycling route is an easy 14km bike ride with picnic areas and lookouts along the way to enjoy with the whole family.
- Morton National Park
- 14km return
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply for motor vehicles in the Bundanoon precinct of the park.
- Opening times
Bundanoon cycling route is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Drivers please watch out for bike riders and walkers. Riders please give way to walkers.
- Check the weather and road conditions before you set out. Weather can be unpredictable and the track can be boggy and potholed after rain.
Bundanoon cycling route is in Morton National Park and offers an easy, yet rewarding, day on the bike for all the family. Boasting amazing views from Southern Highland escarpment lookouts, this mountain bike track offers an assortment of picnic areas and undulating unsealed roads through the forest.
The trail weaves through open forest, alive with banksias and flowering shrubs, until you come to the edge of the escarpment formed by Bundanoon Creek. You’ll need to push your bike along the short walking paths to Tooths, Sunrise Point and Grand Canyon lookouts, but the vistas across Morton National Park are well worth the effort. Pack a picnic and enjoy a leisurely lunch along the way.
If you haven’t brought your own bike, they can be rented from the Bundanoon cycle shop near the railway station.
Sunrise Point lookout is a scenic stop along Bundanoon cycling route, in Morton National Park. Walk your bike down a short path to enjoy amazing views from the Southern Highlands escarpment.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass