Budderoo National Park
The scenic views of wildflowers in spring and fabulous birdwatching make this challenging cycle track worth the effort. It’s also an enjoyable long walk near Robertson.
- Budderoo National Park
- 24km return
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Toilets and picnic facilities are available at nearby Carrington Falls picnic area
- Keep an eye out as both vehicles and walkers also use this track
- Check the weather before you set out as Budderoo track can get boggy when it rains
You’ll have the wind in your hair and a glow to your cheek as you soak in the splendour of heathlands and eucalypts on this heart-pumping bike trail. Budderoo track, following the scenic highlands on the western ridge of Budderoo National Park, is a perfect combination of adventure and nature.
Passing through forests of bloodwood, you might glimpse a swamp wallaby grazing in the grassy woodlands. When the weather warms up, the heathlands erupt in a carpet of colour. The vibrant wildflowers in spring make this a perfect birdwatching spot. Keep an eye out for the superb fairy wren and tawny crowned honey eater.
You can do as much or as little of this track as you like. Stop for a picnic and while away a relaxing afternoon or walk or cycle the whole track. Round off your trip with a visit to Jamberoo lookout and the multi award-winning Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass