Pine Creek paddle route
Bongil Bongil National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pine Creek paddle route.
Getting there and parking
Pine Creek paddle route is in Bongil Bongil National Park.
To get to the Burma Road launch site:
- From Pacific Highway, take the Pine Creek Way exit
- Turn onto Overhead Bridge Forest Road, then left onto Burma Road
- Continue to the end of Burma Road where you’ll find the launch site. 4WD access only.
To get to the Bonville boat ramp end point in Sawtell:
- From Pacific Highway, take the Lyons Road exit towards Sawtell
- After around 3.7km turn right then right again to reach the Bonville boat ramp.
To get to Bongil picnic area end point:
- Take the Bonville exit from Pacific Highway onto Pine Creek Way
- Turn onto William Road north of Bonville
- Bongil picnic area is at the end of Williams Road.
The Burma Road launch site is 4WD access only, with limited turnaround room for cars towing trailers.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- All weather
- There’s limited parking at Burma Road.
- Parking is available at Bonville boat ramp and at Bongil picnic area.
- Arrange a pickup or car shuffle if you plan to paddle one-way.
- The nearest toilets to the launch point are located at Sid Burke Forest Park, off Pine Creek Way, west of the highway.
- Toilets, barbecue and picnic facilities are available at Bongi picnic area or in Sawtell.
Bonville boat ramp is located outside the national park.
Vehicle pullover available at the end of Burma Road.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Pine Creek is a designated low-speed waterway by Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) with a maximum 4 knot speed limit. Motorboats, jetskis, and waterskiing are not permitted.
- Please do not walk across fenced areas, these protect endangered Floyd’s grass.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450