Bongil picnic area
Bongil Bongil National Park
Bongil picnic area in Bongil Bongil National Park near Coffs Harbour is a great spot for a picnic. It has gas barbecues, a shelter and you can fish nearby.
- Picnic areas
- Bongil Bongil National Park
- Please note
- Bongil picnic area is closed sunset to sunrise and locked via a boundary gate
- Remember to bring your own drinking water as none is available at the picnic area
- Check the weather before you set out as roads in Bongil Bongil National Park can be subject to flooding after heavy rain
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
Bongil picnic area, on the banks of Bonville creek is great spot to kick back and relax. This grassy clearing is surrounded by tall, pencil-straight blackbutt trees.
Enjoy a family picnic under the shelter or on the grass in the shade of the trees. You might be lucky to see a koala or swamp wallaby. After a tasty barbecue lunch, you can check out the North Bank walking track, or head to the pontoon for a spot of fishing or to explore the park by canoe or kayak.
If you’d like to admire the view of the Bonville creek from a distance, the viewing platform has a couple of seats and makes a peaceful place to sit.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.