Mimosa Rocks National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Nelson Lagoon.
Getting there and parking
Nelson Lagoon is in the southern part Mimosa Rocks National Park. To get there:
- From Tathra, follow Tathra-Bermagui Road.
- Turn right onto Nelson Lake Road and follow the signs to Nelson Beach
- Nelson Lagoon is a short walk from the carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Nelson Beach.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to one of the park's headlands for great whale watching – don't forget your binoculars for up close views.
A great time for a family camping holiday by the beach, try Aragunnu campground or Gillards campground .
Keep your eyes on the parks winter-flowering plants, like spotted gums, mugga ironbark and coastal banksia for honeaters and lorikeets.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
2°C and 18°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 9 Burrawang Street, Cnr Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2456. Office open by appointment only.