Cudgen Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Cudgen Lake.
Getting there and parking
Cudgen Lake is in the central precinct of Cudgen Nature Reserve. It can be accessed via Cudgen Lake picnic area.
To get there:
- Follow the directions towards Cabarita Beach/Bogangar
- If driving south on Tweed Coast Road, turn right into Tamarind Avenue and follow into Willow Avenue, which continues to the picnic area and boat ramp.
- If driving east on Clothiers Creek Road, turn left into Poplar Avenue then left again into Tamarind Avenue and follow into Willow Avenue, which continues to the picnic area and boat ramp.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Cudgen Lake, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cudgen Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Venture off to explore the lake in your kayak or canoe and paddle along Cudgen Creek.
Enjoy a peaceful picnic at Cudgen picnic area, with spectacular views across the lake to Wollumbin.
Escape the holiday crowds and have fun swimming, sailing and paddling on Cudgen Lake.
Enjoy birdwatching on the lake and watch for migratory birds.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Murwillumbah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6670 8600
- Level 1/135 Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah NSW 2484