Bongil Bongil National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bonville Creek.
Getting there and parking
Bonville Creek is in the northern area of Bongil Bongil National Park, near Sawtell. To get there:
- Take the Bonville exit from the Pacific Highway onto Pine Creek Way
- Turn into Williams Road
- Continue to the end of Williams Road to the carpark at Bongil picnic area.
For fishing or launching canoes or kayaks:
- Use the pontoon at Bongil picnic area, at the end of Williams Road.
For launching larger dinghies or tinnies:
- You'll need to use the public Bonville Creek boat ramp off Lyons Road in Sawtell (outside Bongil Bongil National Park).
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bongil picnic area inside the national park, or at Bonville boat ramp on Lyons Road, which is outside the park. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Cyclists and walkers can reach Bonville Creek and Bongil picnic area via the unsealed Lyons trail from Lyons Road, Toormina.
Toilet and picnic facilities are available nearby at Bongil picnic area, located at the end of Williams Road.
Drinking water is not available in this area so it's a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Powerboats and jet skis are not permitted in this area. Bonville Creek waterways have a 4 knot speed limit.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.